Health Tips For a Balanced Diet & Lifestyle
Why Eating Healthy Is Very Important
We spend most of our time eating, and the food we eat is distributed in our system throughout the day. Knowing what we eat is crucial to our health as it will help us function well in our daily tasks and help us improve the quality of our life. Proper diet and exercise help improve our body, but we are not paying attention to what we eat most of the time.
We’ve come up with the world’s 50 best healthy foods to help us out with our choices when it comes to healthy food.
The World’s 50 Best Healthy Foods
1. Apples – number one of the world’s 50 best healthy foods. Apples are a good source of fiber, and it is packed with vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, and vitamin B-6 that is responsible for maintaining healthy red blood cells.
2. Avocado – is a unique fruit that is loaded with healthy fat instead of carbohydrates. Avocadoes are also high in fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
3. Bananas – the third spot of the world’s 50 best healthy foods is Bananas. It’s the best source of potassium and is loaded with fiber and vitamin B6 as well.
4. Blueberries – it’s the world’s most potent source of antioxidants. It is also loaded with vitamins C and manganese.
5. Oranges – more than just being known for their highest vitamin C content, they’re also high in antioxidants and fiber.
6. Strawberries – they’re known as one of the most delicious fruit, but strawberries are packed with fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants and is also known to protect your heart.
7. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods in the world’s 50 best healthy foods list. Eggs are good sources of protein and fat that are good for repairing muscles.
8. Chicken breast – it is an extremely high source of protein and low in fat. It helps repair muscles tissues, and it’s the one that most fitness enthusiasts eat to maintain a lean muscle mass.
9. Lean beef is the highest source of protein in the world’s 50 best healthy foods, including iron essential in muscle repair and recovery.
10. Lamb – the meat from the lambs is rich in omega-3, and it’s also one of the best sources of protein.
11. Salmon – it has a high level of nutrients, protein, and omega-3, including vitamin D3
12. Sardines – although they are small, they are one of the most nutritious fish in the world’s 50 best healthy foods you can eat.
13. Shellfish – they have similar properties to meats when it comes to nutrients. It includes oysters, mollusks, and clams.
14. Shrimp -it is low in fat and calories but has a high protein content. It’s also packed with selenium and vitamin B12.
15. Trout – it is also loaded with the same nutrients that are similar to salmon.
16. Tuna is the most popular fish for “dieters” as it is low in fat and total calories but high in protein content.
17. Asparagus – is a popular vegetable that is easy to eat. It is low in calories but is loaded with vitamin K.
18. Bell peppers – have a wide variety of colors like red, green, and yellow. They’re a great source of antioxidants plus vitamin C.
19. Broccoli – is a cruciferous vegetable and an excellent source of fiber and vitamins. Compared to other vegetables, it contains a high amount of protein.
20. Carrots – a root crop popularized by Bugs Bunny but is seriously loaded with beta-carotene, fiber, and vitamin K.
21. Cauliflower – is also a cruciferous vegetable similar to broccoli but has lower calories. It tastes so good that it can be used to make a variety of healthy meals.
22. Cucumbers – are one of the world’s 50 best healthy foods that have high water content. They’re deficient in calories, but they contain a high amount of nutrients, including vitamin K.
23. Garlic is the healthiest ingredient containing bioactive organosulfur compounds that improve health and the immune system.
24. Kale has become popular because it adds a satisfying crunch into salads, plus it’s high in fiber, vitamins C, K, and other nutrients.
25. Onions are similar to garlic in terms of being the top cooking ingredient and having a strong flavor. They also contain bioactive compounds that boost our health and immune system.
26. Tomatoes – are fruits that are categorized under vegetables because they are mostly not eaten alone. They contain lycopene, vitamin C, and other nutrients.
27. Potatoes – they are promising a good source of potassium and contain almost all of the body’s nutrients.
28. Sweet potatoes – are sometimes a low carb alternative to potatoes, and they contain almost the same nutrients. They are among of most starchy, most filling, and the most delicious root crop to eat.
29. Brown rice – rice has become the most staple food in the world. Brown rice, on the other hand, is more nutritious than white rice because it has more fiber with added minerals, vitamin B1, and magnesium.
30. Oats – oats or oatmeal is a good source of fiber that aids in digestion, and they are loaded with other nutrients as well.
31. Quinoa is a popular food among health-conscious people because it is a nutrient-dense plant-based protein and a good source of fiber and magnesium.
32. Ezekiel bread – is the healthiest bread in the market. It’s organic and is made with sprouted whole grains and several varieties of legumes.
33. Homemade low-carb bread – the recipes of these bread are gaining popularity among health-conscious individuals. It’s a guilt-free, gluten-free bread alternative that most people indulge in because it is low in total calories and carbohydrates.
Legumes And Nuts
34. Green beans – they are also called string beans. They are fiber-rich foods and are nutrient-dense.
35. Kidney beans – they are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
36. Lentils – are popular legumes that are also high in fiber and are also a source of plant-based protein.
37. Peanuts – are a good source of healthy fats and protein.
38. Almonds are a popular nut and a good source of vitamin E with added antioxidants, magnesium, and fiber.
39. Chia seeds – is a nutrient-dense food that is loaded with fiber, magnesium, calcium, and manganese
40. Coconuts – are good sources of fiber and healthy fats. It has a powerful fatty acid called MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides.
41. Macadamia nuts – they’re high amounts of monounsaturated fats with omega-6 fatty acids, plus it tastes good!
42. Walnuts – they are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals than most nuts.
Dairy Products And Oils
43. Cheese – is the most nutritious and delicious dairy product with the same amount of nutrients as milk.
44. Whole milk – it is very high in vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of calcium, protein, and healthy fats.
45. Yogurt has the same health benefits as milk, but it is added with live probiotics or healthy bacteria.
46. Butter from grass-fed cows – a good alternative and healthy way to eat butter. It is more organic and fresh.
47. Coconut oil – a good source of fatty acids plus MCTs, same as coconuts as its primary source.
48. Extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest vegetable oil because it contains monounsaturated fats and is very high in antioxidants and heart-friendly.
49. Apple cider vinegar – a popular drink additive to the healthy community that helps lower blood sugar levels and causes weight loss (with a healthy diet and exercise).
50. Dark chocolate – the healthy alternative to ordinary chocolate. Dark chocolate is packed with magnesium and includes powerful antioxidants.
There we have it! The world’s 50 best healthy foods that we can eat! You can eat them alone or together with other varieties to fully enjoy its benefits. Remember that being healthy means eating a balanced diet, and combined with exercise will surely boost our health together with our immune system.
Also, remember to stay hydrated to help our body transport nutrients and keep our body performing at its highest level!